Оверклокерский БИОС для K7S5A

BIOS для материнских плат, видеокарт, прошивки для телефонов, планшетов, плееров и другие.

Модераторы: Zhelezaka, Gromak

Сообщение ferro » Пн сен 15, 2003 12:06 am

Как то раньше попадалась информация, что к K7S5A ECS был написан хороший БИОС, да не нужен тогда был он. А сейчас пытаюсь найти, и пока безуспешно. Может кто хранит ссылочку? Или сам БИОС?
ferro

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Сообщение ATHLONxp » Пн сен 15, 2003 12:11 am

Да! А ещё интересно, будет ли этот БИОС работать на PCChips M830, ведь эти платы с виду идентичны...
ATHLONxp

Сообщение stranger » Пт сен 19, 2003 3:59 pm

stranger

Сообщение Trader » Пт сен 19, 2003 5:38 pm

йо! не плохо. надо посмотреть, что он может.
Trader

Сообщение ferro » Сб сен 20, 2003 10:06 am

Спасибо, обе ссылочки работают. Имеются версии БИОС даже для последних верий "Pro"
ferro

Сообщение Trader » Сб сен 20, 2003 11:54 am

скачал два последних биоса: нормальный на официальном и оверклокерский. прошил k7s5a021029tsd - визуально ничего нового в биосе не появилось, тоько XP обнаружила ещё один "PCI модем" . прошил оверклокерский: больше диапазон измененения таймингов памяти, проц можно гнать изменяя частоту шины.
в общем разогнал свой Duron900 до 990 (110 МГц). и поставил таймиги на Ultra + min значения.
Пробовал ставить частоту шины на 112 МГц - запускается, но при работе комп виснет, на 124 - запускается через раз, дальше - ясно.
Протестил простой прогой CPUtest: производительной заметно поднялась.

Вот что пишут в readme к этому биосу:

030327 OC beta BIOS. (With and without FastWrites enabled) 1PM MET time 20.08.2003
Bases on the 030327 ECS K7S5A beta BIOS.
HX0327.ROM for LAN and non LAN Mobos.
HX0327F.ROM for LAN and non LAN Mobos with Fast Writes enabled.
Special Notes: Updated to display correctly the PR ratings of newer 2400+ and 2600+ T-bred CPUґs. Added new CPU IDґs in order to get them displayed correctly and removed therefore support for 1500+ and 1600+. Maybe Bartons also will be displayed by their PR rating but couldnґt check this with something faster than my T-bred ocґed to 2600+.
This beta shall fix troubles with HDґs larger than 160GB. No warranty on this, nor itґs working also on "Pro" Mobos.

Changes not related to overclocking:
1) The NIC module is replaced by a Etherboot module that works better than the original one and will allow you boot from a DHCP Server.
2) The Symbios module is removed to avoid troubles.
3) Some personal adjustments for stability and compatibility.
4) PCI IDE Busmaster is enabled by default.
5) IO APIC can be used and is enabled by default
6) PCI Latency can be changed (doesnґt work for everybody)
7) Offboard PCI IDE Card option can be configured
8) IRQ Priority aviable
Aviable FSB settings:
100.9 / 100.9 MHz
107 / 107 MHz
110 / 110 MHz
112 / 112 MHz
124 / 124 MHz
133.9 / 133.9 MHz
137.33 / 137.33 MHz
100 / 133 MHz
133 / 100 MHz
133 / 166 MHz
166 / 125 MHz*
143 / 143 MHz
147 / 147 MHz
150 / 150 MHz
166 / 166 MHz*
200 / 200 MHz*
* not bootable due a PLL chip issue but can be used with software tools after booting at a lower FSB.

Extra memory settings:
RAS Active Time: 4T,5T
RAS Precharge Time: 2T

Other settings:
IO APIC: Gives you 23 IRQs in Win2k/XP if enabled.
(You will have to change the ACPI HAL to the Uniprozessor HAL in your device manager or reinstall the OS to get 23 IRQґs after enabling this option. Itґs not required to do this if this option is enabled and you do not want to have the 23 IRQs but still share them. Just leave then the default APIC HAL.)
PCI IDE Busmaster: Speeds up boot up time and restoring partions. Disable it in case you have troubles with older HDґs.
Offboard PCI IDE Card: You can configure which slot and INT line it uses.
IRQ priority: You can try to chance the IRQ priority for each INT line but will have to disable PnP and ACPI.
PCI Latency: default 64 clocks

Small K7S5A problem FAQ:
=================
Q: I flashed to the oc bios and am now having problems so what is wrong with it?
A: Should you experience some problems with an oc bios please check first if you are getting them with the official too but before checking this please clear the Cmos to see if some old Cmos settings from the previous BIOS are interfering with some new bios settings.
-----------------
Q: I never flashed a bios before. Is there a flashing guide?
A: Yes there is one. {http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=32.topic}
-----------------
Q: There are 2 files. One with "f" and one without it. I have a Lan board so which one should I use?
A: Both files do autodetect Lan and non Lan boards so it doesnґt matter which one you flash. The one with the "f" is with FastWrites enabled.
-----------------
Q: I loose my Cmos frequently, have Memory misdetection or am getting a blank screen at coldboots. Is there a possible fix for this?
A: Yes, you can try an other BIOS release or apply { Mr.Athlons resistor fix} if no BIOS will help you. For more details and how to improve it read here:
{http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm10.showMessage?topicID=567.topic}
Worked for a lot of people who couldnґt fix it with an other BIOS release. There is a BIOS (021029tsd) that adresses this issue but itґs only fake. Just a renamed 021029 bios that was released before.
-----------------
Q: I did the resistor fix but the issue persist. Does it mean this fix doesnґt work for me?
A: Maybe it doesnґt work for you but it could be also just a weak battery or a corroded battery holder.
-----------------
Q: NO multiplier adjustment,CPU core or Ram voltage settings?
A: Right. No jumper/bios multiplier adjustment, no jumper/bios CPU voltage and no jumper/bios Ram voltage adjustment.
The only way to change the multiplier or vcore is by modding the board or modding the CPU. Ram voltage can only be changed by modding the board. The lock/unlock state of the chip is ignored by the board hardware. Therefore there is no BIOS that can support such adjustments.
-----------------
Q: Is there a problem by using 2 sticks SDRAM at 133Mhz and can it be fixed?
A: Yes there is one. This Mobo is known to freeze a lot or beeing unstable for a lot of people who use 2 sticks and there is no magic fix for this because itґs due a voltage drop by using 2 sticks and on some boards this drop is to high to get them working stable.. You can use only one stick SDRAM, move over to DDRAM, try to run at 138Mhz or stay at 100Mhz. The 138Mhz setting works somehow for some people but no idea why. Maybe due a higher power consumation their PSUґs are giving higher voltages.
-----------------
Q: Can I change the chipset registers and is there a PCR file aviable?
A: Yes you can. The PCR file can be downloaded for example from here: {http://www.fortunecity.de/kunterbunt/pfalz/102/downloads/735.zip}
-----------------
Q: Where does the PCR file come from?
A: Take a look here: {http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=76.topic}
-----------------
Q: What is a chipset heatsink fix and do I need it?
A: If you are suffering by some stability problems then you can try it. Costs nothing and will incrase your stability anyway. Read the full description about the imprtance of this fix written by Oken: {http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm5.showMessage?topicID=261.topic}
-----------------
Q: Who got the idea to cool the chipset, did the first K7S5Aґs have the same problem?
A: The first K7S5Aґs did have the same issue but most people didnґt belive itґs releated to the chipsets heat but finally there were at least a few that could imagine that to be the problem. You might find the answer here: {http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm10.showMessage?topicID=30.topic}
-----------------
Q: Most of the suggested solutions here are the same like at the ocworkbench forum. Does it mean there are the real modders and the solutions in the ezboard are just stolen?
A: NO! All modders in the ezboard were previously members at ocworkbench who were banned one day. Nearly all solutions at ocworkbench are taken from these banned people. The resistor fix for example and the banned people are not allowed to be mentioned there. You can try to mention them if you want to risk to be banned too.
-----------------
Notes:
I have heard some people saying this BIOS is just a copy of the CheepoBIOS but that canґt be and is not true.
Best prove are the two links below. He posted his BIOS based on 021029 one day later than me and i donґt have a timemashine.
Link to the first release:
http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=250.topic
Link to his post:
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=002979
Update: There is also a OC1209 Bios aviable, basing on the 021209 Pro Bios which Cheepoman never modded.
Also, the same people are saying itґs way slower than his one. Well, this BIOS is tweaked with stability in mind and not performance but the measured differences are within 3-5% where sometimes his is a bit faster and sometimes this one.
I canґt tell you which one you should prefer but I prefer stability with good performance. Thatґs the reason why I am modding the BIOS. I just canґt accept that my system crashes after a few hours of editing my captured videotapes and am loosing all I worked for in this time.
At least, should you still have some troubles with this BIOS which are not caused by the modifications itself, flash to 020429 (proven to be best working until now) and if there are troubles caused by the modifications which do not appear with the official one please report back so I can narrow them down but check before with the official one if the problem persists or not.
http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6
Errors are human...:smile:
Honey.

Здесь кое-чего не понял, так что если есть время объясните что к чему

Исправлено: Trader 20 сентября 2003 года, 09:56
Trader

Сообщение ATHLONxp » Вс сен 21, 2003 1:05 am

Вау! Вот это пост!!! Ну короче... Не буду я больше перешивками заниматься. Обидела меня моя материнка - M830.
Перешивал в надежде, что SSE на AXP1800+ включится...
ФИГЛИ! Сандра всё равно не сечёт... А сколько лет жизни было потрачено во время прошивки...
ATHLONxp

Сообщение id » Пт дек 05, 2003 4:04 pm

А у меня на этой маме звук трещит... Хоть на каком биосе... Чего делать - не знаю даже......
id

Сообщение Мэрфи » Пт дек 12, 2003 2:24 am

На этой маме много чего трещит, за 3-и месяца мне уже в руки вторая такая попалась (хреновая). Да,а звук трищит, это только из-за какогото испорченого кодючка на плате:smile: Думаю тебе придется смирится с тем что он трищит, или отключить его и поставить нормальний соуднбластер :super: Паять самому на плате не рекомендую... :znaika:
Мэрфи

Сообщение id » Пт дек 12, 2003 2:02 pm

Самое интересное что и БЛАСТЕР трещит!!! Три разных пробовал!!! Может посоветуешь кого кто смогет это дело исправить? Или кто купит таку маму подешевке?
id

Сообщение -DiMoN- » Сб дек 13, 2003 5:46 am

ATHLONxp

зря ты так!
Процитирую себя с темы:
По поводу статьи "Обзор материнской платы PCChips M830/EliteGroup K7S5A (чипсет SIS735)"

А я вот на днях в неё новый БИОС залил.
От HoneyX, версии 27.03.03 (мой Хэпи Бёздай!).
И заработало определение SSE, и модем мой PCI-шный заработал, который не хотел работать не с одним из БИОСов, отличных от хх.10.02. И прочие фишки! Короче, мой "счастливый" БИОС!
Всем советую!!!

А вот БИОСы chbxxxx.rom заливать не советую!!!
-DiMoN-

Сообщение id » Пн дек 15, 2003 1:44 pm

Я конечно же прочитал твое сообщение.:smile:
И сначала поставил 030327beta. Никаких изменений.
Потом 030811. Самый новый. Класный биос, определяет последние Duron'ы. Тоже никаких изменений. Встроенный звук - ВОООБЩЕ больше 5 сек не рабботает... "захлебывается". Вот так...:frown:
id

Сообщение -DiMoN- » Сб дек 20, 2003 5:57 am

2 id
так 030811 это ж для pro-версии (5,0)
У меня - 3,1. А у тебя?
Добавлено автором
и вроде 030811 вообще не оверклокерский...
-DiMoN-

Re: Оверклокерский БИОС для K7S5A

Сообщение Trader » Чт июн 25, 2009 2:23 pm

на k7s5a (ver 3.1) уже довольно давно стоит оверклокерский биос OC030327 от HineyX. переивал когда стоял Duron 900 (разгонял до 990 :).
сейчас стоит проц Duron 1600. не гнал - не надо.

1) есть подозрение что из-за оверклокерского биоса OC030327 от HineyX не работают USB порта. WinXPsp3 все время пишет "неизвестное устройство" (Винду несколько раз переставлял - одинакаво) .
То же самое с PCI->USB контроллером (который на другом компе работает).
Пытался перешить биос на "оригинальный" - Винда не запускается.

Какие есть соображения?
Trader

Re: Оверклокерский БИОС для K7S5A

Сообщение Gromak » Чт июн 25, 2009 3:28 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Trader', '')а k7s5a (ver 3.1) уже довольно давно стоит оверклокерский биос OC030327 от HineyX.
1) есть подозрение что из-за оверклокерского биоса OC030327 от HineyX не работают USB порта. WinXPsp3 все время пишет "неизвестное устройство" (Винду несколько раз переставлял - одинакаво) .
То же самое с PCI->USB контроллером (который на другом компе работает).
Пытался перешить биос на "оригинальный" - Винда не запускается.
Какие есть соображения?

Не HineyX, а Honey X. Это раз. Всё там работает, включая USB-порты. Хороший стабильный биос от HoneyX - chb1029f.rom
А то, что "при "родном" биосе винда не загрузилась, так это и естественно - прерывания-то разные.
Смутно помню, но вроде после першивки биоса с родного на HoneyX винда вроде запускалась. Но точно помню, что когда воткнул в комп веник с виндой с другого компа с той-же матерью и чипсетом (SIS 735), но "родным биосом, меня ждало разочарование - ось не запустилась.
Gromak
HWBY Team
HWBY Team

Благодарил (а): 4 раз.

Вернуться в Прошивки и BIOS